Sams Pine Prescribed Burn Closure Notice
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
BOISE NATIONAL FOREST
LOWMAN RANGER DISTRICT
Sams Pine Prescribed Burn
For Public Safety
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR § 261.50 (b), the following act is prohibited on the National Forest System Trails as described in this order, within the administrative and proclaimed boundaries of the Lowman Ranger District, Boise National Forest. This order will be in effect beginning March 19, 2015 at 12:01 A.M. and shall remain in effect until further notice.
- Being on the trails (as described below). 36 CFR § 261.55 (a)
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50 (e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
- Persons with a special use authorization or other Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this order.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Federal or State administrative personnel in performance of official duty.
National Forest System (NFS) Trail #019 (Deadwood Ridge Trail) The entire length of the trail is closed starting at County Highway 17 (Banks-Lowman Highway) located in Township 9 North, Range 7 East, Section 29 traveling north approximately 9 miles to the junction with trail #020 (Julie Creek Trail) in Township 10 North, Range 7 East, Section 22. (The remaining section of Trail #019 is currently under seasonal closure and is inaccessible due to snow.)
National Forest System (NFS) Trail #020 (Julie Creek Trail) The entire length of the trail is closed starting at County Highway 17 (Banks-Lowman Highway) located in Township 9 North, Range 7 East, Section 29 traveling North approximately 11 miles to the intersection with NFS Trail #019 (Deadwood Ridge Trail) located in Township 10 North, Range 7 East, Section 22.
National Forest System (NFS) Trail #022 (aka Nellies Basin) The entire length of the trail is closed starting at the intersection of Forest Service Road 555EC located in Township 10 North, Range 6 East, Section 35 and traveling Easterly to the intersection of NFS Trail #020 (Julie Creek Trail) located in Township 9 North, Range 7 East, Section 5.
The above described trails are located on National Forest System lands within the administrative and proclaimed boundaries of the Lowman Ranger District, Boise National Forest, Boise County, Idaho, Boise Meridian.
The trails as described above are within an area with ongoing prescribed burning operations. The trails are closed for public safety and protection from hazards associated with prescribed burning.
- This order will be in effect beginning March 19, 2015 at 12:01 A.M. and shall remain in effect until further notice.
- A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this order.
- Violation of the above prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual or $10,000.00 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. 16 USC § 551; 18 USC § 3571(b)(6), 3581(b)(7).
- This order supersedes any previous order(s) prohibiting the same or similar act prohibited on the trails covered by this order.
- Further information regarding this order may be obtained at the Lowman Ranger District in Lowman, Idaho, telephone (208) 259-3361, and at the Boise National Forest Supervisors Office in Boise, Idaho, telephone (208) 373-4100.
Done at Boise, Idaho this 13th day of March, 2015
/s/Cecilia R. Seesholtz
CECILIA R. SEESHOLTZ
Boise National Forest
Assessment of Need and Enforcement Plan
Sams Pine Prescribed Burn – Trail Closure
- Background. The Sams Pine Prescribed Burn Environmental Assessment states that trails within the Rx area shall be closed during periods of prescribed fire activity. The Lowman fuels specialist along with the recreation planner have identified and described the effected trails through this closure order.
- Intent of Subpart B order. The closure of the trails is for the health and safety of the public and any agency personnel during prescribed fire activity.
- Enforcement Plan. The following activities need to occur to implement this special order in a manner that results in public acceptance and safety: On ground signing to meet posting requirements in 36 CFR 261.51(b) will occur at all access points to effected trails. Signage shall be posted for public viewing at the Boise National Forests Supervisors Office along with the District office of the Lowman Ranger Station. Administrative and Enforcement contacts will be conducted as necessary.
|Prepare proposed order||Supervisory LEO||3/11/2015|
|Review proposed order||Supervisory LEO||3/11/2015|
|Review proposed order||RO LE&I and OGC||3/13/15|
|Post order in accordance with
36 CFR 261.51
|District Staff Officer and Staff||3/19/15|
|Prepare news release for local media||District Ranger – PAO
|Maintenance of on the ground signing along public contacts will be conducted throughout the closure period
LEO/field going personnel
Assessment and Enforcement Plan approved for implementation:
/s/Cecilia R. Seesholtz 3/13/2015
CECILIA R. SEESHOLTZ DATE
Boise National Forest